Truthout, May 31, 2016
How Hillary Clinton's Response to the Honduras Coup Brought Relations with Latin America to a New Low
Dan Beeton and Ming Chun Tang
The Hill, May 27, 2016
The Leaks Go On: Before Another Secret Round of Negotiations on the Proposed “Trade in Services Agreement (TISA),” WikiLeaks Releases Even More New Hidden Documents
The Huffington Post, May 26, 2016
Truthout, May 23, 2016
May 2016, Eileen Appelbaum and Rosemary Batt
May 2016, Josh Bivens and Dean Baker
April 2016, David Rosnick and Dean Baker
April 2016, Mark Weisbrot and Jake Johnston
VICE News, May 28, 2016
Huffington Post, May 27, 2016
The Baffler, May 25, 2016
The Nation, May 23, 2016
Boston Globe, May 21, 2016
Blog postings by CEPR staff and updates on the latest briefings and activities at the Center for Economic and Policy Research.
- Older Americans Are Working Longer
- Maximum Potential Employment and the Jobs Gap
- FedWatch Bonus Edition: William Dudley on Financial Regulation
- The Impact of the Trans-Pacific Partnership on Trade Flows
Beat the Press is Dean Baker's commentary on economic reporting. Dean Baker is co-director of the Center for Economic and Policy Research (CEPR).
- Stronger Copyright: NYT Neglects to Mention Cost of Protectionism
- Contrary to What You Read in the Washington Post, Core Inflation Has Not Ticked Up
- Will Hillary Clinton's Comments on Coal Hurt Senatorial Candidates in Ohio and Pennsylvania?
Mark Weisbrot’s blog on economic and political trends in a multi-polar world.
- The Brazilian Coup and Washington’s “Rollback” in Latin America
- Leaked Conversation Confirms Major Players in Brazil Coup: What Impact Will It Have?
- Political Judiciary in Argentina
- Gloom and Doom and Potential Growth: Roubini and the Global Economy
Putting an end to blank checks for CEOs. These people deserve the public's scrutiny however accomplished they may be in other areas. Director Watch is an effort to provide this scrutiny.
- Kenneth I. Chenault: Director Watch Director of the Day
- Gordon M. Bethune: Director Watch Director of the Day
- Lois D. Juliber: Director Watch Director of the Day
Relief and Reconstruction Watch is a blog that tracks multinational aid efforts in Haiti with an eye towards ensuring they are oriented towards the needs of the Haitian people.
- Election Verification Results Expected this Weekend: What to Expect and What Comes Next?
- Haiti President Calls for Electoral Verification Mission Opposed by International Donors
- Haitian Prime Minister Rejected by Parliament, Why and What Comes Next?
Social, political and economic analysis of the Western Hemisphere.
- Hillary Clinton’s Memoir Deletions, in Detail
- MACCIH Makes its First Appearance (But Has Yet to Begin Functioning)
- Brazil, Public Opinion, Coups, Elections and VP Michel Temer
CEPR's analysis of government economic data releases (CPI, Jobs, GDP, etc.).
May 6, 2016 (Jobs Byte)
April 28, 2016 (GDP Byte)
April 1, 2016 (Jobs Byte)
March 4, 2016 (Jobs Byte)
Compare home ownership vs. rental costs and convert federal budget numbers into per capita or percentage totals.