Truthout, September 17, 2018
The New York Review of Books, September 14, 2018
The Los Angeles Times, September 14, 2018
Common Dreams, September 12, 2018
September 13, 2018, Eileen Appelbaum
September 2018, Dean Baker
July 26, 2018, Alan Barber
June 2018, Mark Weisbrot, Lara Merling, Rebecca Watts, and Jake Johnston
The New York Times, September 17, 2018
Newsy, September 12, 2018
Vice, September 10, 2018
The Wall Street Journal, September 07, 2018
The Real News, September 05, 2018
Blog postings by CEPR staff and updates on the latest briefings and activities at the Center for Economic and Policy Research.
- They Should Have Listened
- Core Inflation Slows to 0.1 Percent in August
- No Real Gains in Living Standards for Young People in 2017
- Labor Market Policy Research Reports, September 7, 2018
Beat the Press is Dean Baker's commentary on economic reporting. Dean Baker is senior economist at the Center for Economic and Policy Research (CEPR).
- NYT Is Badly Mistaken: China Has Many Many Options in Trade War with Trump
- Government Debt or Deficits Are a Problem When They Create Too Much Demand in the Economy
- The Best Way to Remove Corruption in Medicine: Take the Money Out
Social, political and economic analysis of the Western Hemisphere.
- Venezuela: Response to Trolls
- Puerto Rico's Crisis Has Been Good for Many — Just Not the Island’s Residents
- Mexico's Elections Live Blog
Relief and Reconstruction Watch is a blog that tracks multinational aid efforts in Haiti with an eye towards ensuring they are oriented towards the needs of the Haitian people.
- Own Goal: Fuel Price Increase Generates Crisis in Haiti
- Meet the New Haitian Military ― it’s Starting to Look a Lot Like the Old One
- Haitian Government on the Defensive Following UN Welcoming of Corruption Investigation
Mark Weisbrot’s blog on economic and political trends in a multi-polar world.
- Venezuela Needs Honest Mediation, Not OAS Intervention
- A Prime Minister Appeals to His Colleagues in the OAS; It’s “Off-Message” for the Media
- Curb Your Enthusiasm: Macron is Just the Beginning of a New Fight for France and Europe
- Venezuela and Selective Targeting
CEPR's analysis of government economic data releases (CPI, Jobs, GDP, etc.).
Graphic representations of data by CEPR researchers on important economic issues.
Compare home ownership vs. rental costs and convert federal budget numbers into per capita or percentage totals.