The Hankyoreh, October 21, 2018
The Hill, October 16, 2018
Folha de S.Paulo, October 5, 2018
UNCTAD, September 20, 2018
October 2018, Dean Baker
September 13, 2018, Eileen Appelbaum
September 2018, Dean Baker
September 7, 2018, Lara Merling
AJ+, October 22, 2018
NPR, October 17, 2018
The New Yorker, October 12, 2018
The American Prospect, October 12, 2018
The New Republic, October 10, 2018
Blog postings by CEPR staff and updates on the latest briefings and activities at the Center for Economic and Policy Research.
- Jobs, Pensions Lost in Sears Bankruptcy, but Hedge Fund King Gets Paid
- Labor Market Policy Research Reports, October 2018
- The View from the Rear View Mirror: A 'Ten Years After' Critique
- Sen. Cornyn Unfairly Maligns Consumer Watchdog Agency
Beat the Press is Dean Baker's commentary on economic reporting. Dean Baker is senior economist at the Center for Economic and Policy Research (CEPR).
- Trump Regulatory Reform, Allowing Homeowners to Dump Sewage on Neighbors' Lawns, Will Save $1.6 Billion Annually
- The Cost of Extending Medicaid Coverage in Georgia Would be Between $30 and $45 Per Person
- NYT Does Some Mind Reading of Republican Members of Congress on Drug Pricing Policy
Social, political and economic analysis of the Western Hemisphere.
- One Year after Hurricane Maria, Employment in Puerto Rico is Down by 26,000
- Lawfare Comes to Ecuador
- Venezuela: Response to Trolls
Relief and Reconstruction Watch is a blog that tracks multinational aid efforts in Haiti with an eye towards ensuring they are oriented towards the needs of the Haitian people.
- Petrocaribe Protests: What You Need to Know Before October 17
- Own Goal: Fuel Price Increase Generates Crisis in Haiti
- Meet the New Haitian Military ― it’s Starting to Look a Lot Like the Old One
Mark Weisbrot’s blog on economic and political trends in a multi-polar world.
- Venezuela Needs Honest Mediation, Not OAS Intervention
- A Prime Minister Appeals to His Colleagues in the OAS; It’s “Off-Message” for the Media
- Curb Your Enthusiasm: Macron is Just the Beginning of a New Fight for France and Europe
- Venezuela and Selective Targeting
CEPR's analysis of government economic data releases (CPI, Jobs, GDP, etc.).
Graphic representations of data by CEPR researchers on important economic issues.
Compare home ownership vs. rental costs and convert federal budget numbers into per capita or percentage totals.