Ted Boettner and Dean Baker
Charleston Gazette-Mail, August 16, 2018
Challenge, August 15, 2018
The Nation, July 27, 2018
The Real News Network, July 25, 2018
July 26, 2018, Alan Barber
June 2018, Mark Weisbrot, Lara Merling, Rebecca Watts, and Jake Johnston
June 2018, Dean Baker
June 21, 2018, Dean Baker
The Guardian, August 14, 2018
Washington Journal (C-SPAN), August 11, 2018
The Daily Beast, August 09, 2018
The Washington Post, August 06, 2018
Venezuelan Pres. Nicolás Maduro Targeted in 1st Assassination Attempt by Drone Against Head of State
Democracy Now, August 06, 2018
Blog postings by CEPR staff and updates on the latest briefings and activities at the Center for Economic and Policy Research.
- Social Security as a Share of Retirement Income
- Stopping the Revolving Door in DC
- Labor Market Policy Research Reports, August 7, 2018
- Unemployment Rate for Workers Without High School Degrees Hits Record Low
Beat the Press is Dean Baker's commentary on economic reporting. Dean Baker is senior economist at the Center for Economic and Policy Research (CEPR).
- The Economy's Performance Under Trump Is Not the Same Thing As His Policy Agenda
- George Will's "Epic Economic Collapse"
- Jake Tapper' Dishonest Fact Check On Bernie Sanders and Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez on Medicare for All
Mark Weisbrot’s blog on economic and political trends in a multi-polar world.
- Venezuela Needs Honest Mediation, Not OAS Intervention
- A Prime Minister Appeals to His Colleagues in the OAS; It’s “Off-Message” for the Media
- Curb Your Enthusiasm: Macron is Just the Beginning of a New Fight for France and Europe
- Venezuela and Selective Targeting
Relief and Reconstruction Watch is a blog that tracks multinational aid efforts in Haiti with an eye towards ensuring they are oriented towards the needs of the Haitian people.
- Own Goal: Fuel Price Increase Generates Crisis in Haiti
- Meet the New Haitian Military ― it’s Starting to Look a Lot Like the Old One
- Haitian Government on the Defensive Following UN Welcoming of Corruption Investigation
Social, political and economic analysis of the Western Hemisphere.
- Puerto Rico's Crisis Has Been Good for Many — Just Not the Island’s Residents
- Mexico's Elections Live Blog
- Study: Argentina's Boom Was Little Influenced by Commodity Prices
CEPR's analysis of government economic data releases (CPI, Jobs, GDP, etc.).
Graphic representations of data by CEPR researchers on important economic issues.
Compare home ownership vs. rental costs and convert federal budget numbers into per capita or percentage totals.