PBS Newshour, June 24, 2016
The Nation, June 24, 2016
The Hill, June 21, 2016
How Hillary Clinton's Response to the Honduras Coup Brought Relations with Latin America to a New Low
Dan Beeton and Ming Chun Tang
The Hill, May 27, 2016
The Price We Pay: Economic Costs of Barriers to Employment for Former Prisoners and People Convicted of Felonies
June 2016, Cherrie Bucknor and Alan Barber
May 2016, Eileen Appelbaum and Rosemary Batt
May 2016, Josh Bivens and Dean Baker
April 2016, David Rosnick and Dean Baker
The New Yorker, June 23, 2016
The Huffington Post, June 23, 2016
MSNBC, June 23, 2016
The Washington Post, June 23, 2016
BuzzFeed, June 22, 2016
Blog postings by CEPR staff and updates on the latest briefings and activities at the Center for Economic and Policy Research.
- Unemployment, Not Inflation, Drives Economic Misery
- FedWatch: Patrick Harker, President of the Federal Reserve Bank of Philadelphia
- The Gains from the Trans-Pacific Partnership and the Gains from Lower Unemployment
- Jobs Gap Is Most Significant for Younger Workers, Non-Existent for Older Workers
Beat the Press is Dean Baker's commentary on economic reporting. Dean Baker is co-director of the Center for Economic and Policy Research (CEPR).
- Associated Press Complains About Politicians Lack of Action on Global Warming
- NYT Strongly Disagrees with the I.M.F. on the State of Iceland's Economy
- Quick Thought on Globalization as We Know It
Mark Weisbrot’s blog on economic and political trends in a multi-polar world.
- Bringing the Troika to Paris
- The High Cost of Transforming Europe: Why Europe Stumbled
- Anti-Venezuela Initiative Defeated at OAS
- IMF Economists Discover Some of the Big Failures of Neoliberalism: About Time
Putting an end to blank checks for CEOs. These people deserve the public's scrutiny however accomplished they may be in other areas. Director Watch is an effort to provide this scrutiny.
- Kenneth I. Chenault: Director Watch Director of the Day
- Gordon M. Bethune: Director Watch Director of the Day
- Lois D. Juliber: Director Watch Director of the Day
Relief and Reconstruction Watch is a blog that tracks multinational aid efforts in Haiti with an eye towards ensuring they are oriented towards the needs of the Haitian people.
- Martelly Bloc Formalizes Alliance with DEA Fugitive Guy Philippe
- The US Spent $33 Million on Haiti’s Scrapped Elections — Here is Where it Went
- Election Verification Results Expected this Weekend: What to Expect and What Comes Next?
Social, political and economic analysis of the Western Hemisphere.
- Hillary Clinton’s Memoir Deletions, in Detail
- MACCIH Makes its First Appearance (But Has Yet to Begin Functioning)
- Brazil, Public Opinion, Coups, Elections and VP Michel Temer
CEPR's analysis of government economic data releases (CPI, Jobs, GDP, etc.).
June 3, 2016 (Jobs Byte)
May 6, 2016 (Jobs Byte)
April 28, 2016 (GDP Byte)
April 1, 2016 (Jobs Byte)
Graphic representations of data by CEPR researchers on important economic issues.
June 3, 2016
June 3, 2016
June 3, 2016
Compare home ownership vs. rental costs and convert federal budget numbers into per capita or percentage totals.