The Los Angeles Times, March 15, 2018
How Jeff Sessions Is Sneaking Trump Allies Into Key DOJ Positions That Normally Require Senate Confirmation
Slate, March 14, 2018
The Nation, March 13, 2018
The New York Review of Books, March 9, 2018
March 2018, Mark Weisbrot and Lara Merling
February 2018, Dean Baker
Letter to Melissa Smith, Director of the Division of Regulations, Legislation and Interpretation, Wage and Hour Division, US Department of Labor
February 2, 2018
January 30, 2018, Dean Baker
Bloomberg, March 12, 2018
Boston Globe, March 12, 2018
The Guardian, March 12, 2018
Marketplace, March 06, 2018
The Heat: CGTN America, March 05, 2018
Blog postings by CEPR staff and updates on the latest briefings and activities at the Center for Economic and Policy Research.
- Scott Walker, Foxconn, and the Wisconsin Economic Development Corporation
- CPI Excluding Food, Energy and Shelter Up Just 0.9 Percent Over Last Year
- Prime-Age Employment Rate Surges in February
- Trump’s Plan Won’t Solve the Problems of America’s Crumbling Infrastructure
Beat the Press is Dean Baker's commentary on economic reporting. Dean Baker is senior economist at the Center for Economic and Policy Research (CEPR).
- Private Equity and Toys 'R' Us: Lessons of Bankruptcy
- The New York Times Has Determined that China is Violating International Rules on Patents and Copyrights
- Trump Was Right About the Trade Deficit with Canada
Mark Weisbrot’s blog on economic and political trends in a multi-polar world.
- Venezuela Needs Honest Mediation, Not OAS Intervention
- A Prime Minister Appeals to His Colleagues in the OAS; It’s “Off-Message” for the Media
- Curb Your Enthusiasm: Macron is Just the Beginning of a New Fight for France and Europe
- Venezuela and Selective Targeting
Relief and Reconstruction Watch is a blog that tracks multinational aid efforts in Haiti with an eye towards ensuring they are oriented towards the needs of the Haitian people.
- Meet the New Haitian Military ― it’s Starting to Look a Lot Like the Old One
- Haitian Government on the Defensive Following UN Welcoming of Corruption Investigation
- Where Does the Money Go? Eight Years of USAID Funding in Haiti
Social, political and economic analysis of the Western Hemisphere.
- Puerto Rico’s Power Utility Is Broken, but Privatization Won’t Necessarily Fix It
- Senior Honduras Election Official: "The Trend Reversed Following a System Failure."
- Honduras: Social and Economic Indicators Since the 2009 Coup
CEPR's analysis of government economic data releases (CPI, Jobs, GDP, etc.).
Graphic representations of data by CEPR researchers on important economic issues.
Compare home ownership vs. rental costs and convert federal budget numbers into per capita or percentage totals.