Truthout, March 20, 2017
The Huffington Post, March 20, 2017
The Hill, March 19, 2017
The Hill, March 2, 2017
March 2017, Algernon Austin, Cherrie Bucknor, Kevin Cashman, and Maya Rockeymoore
March 2017, Eileen Appelbaum and Rosemary Batt
March 2017, Dean Baker and Cherrie Bucknor
February 2017, Eileen Appelbaum
Huffington Post, March 21, 2017
Bloomberg, March 20, 2017
Business Insider , March 17, 2017
The New York Times, March 16, 2017
MarketWatch, March 14, 2017
Blog postings by CEPR staff and updates on the latest briefings and activities at the Center for Economic and Policy Research.
- Trump Tax Returns: Necessary, But Not Enough
- Declines in Employment by Demographic Group
- Trends in Employment and School Enrollment Among 16–24 Year-Olds
- Prime-Age Employment Rate Hits Record High for Recovery in February
Beat the Press is Dean Baker's commentary on economic reporting. Dean Baker is co-director of the Center for Economic and Policy Research (CEPR).
- Why No One Is Taking Robert Samuelson's Medicaid Deal Seriously
- The United States Has Been for Selective Protectionism, Not Free Trade
- Washington Post Misinforms Readers, Texas Trump Supporter is Eligible for Health Care Assistance
Mark Weisbrot’s blog on economic and political trends in a multi-polar world.
- Ecuadorian Economy Growing, But Media Presenting It as Still in Recession
- Bob Dylan Didn’t Like the Masters of War
- Which Presidential Candidate is Worse for Latin America?
- Brazilian Prosecutor Finds No Crime Committed by Dilma: Will the Law Count for Anything in Brazil?
Putting an end to blank checks for CEOs. These people deserve the public's scrutiny however accomplished they may be in other areas. Director Watch is an effort to provide this scrutiny.
- Kenneth I. Chenault: Director Watch Director of the Day
- Gordon M. Bethune: Director Watch Director of the Day
- Lois D. Juliber: Director Watch Director of the Day
Relief and Reconstruction Watch is a blog that tracks multinational aid efforts in Haiti with an eye towards ensuring they are oriented towards the needs of the Haitian people.
- New Report: Sexual Exploitation and Abuse at the Hands of the UN in Haiti
- Haiti Inaugurates a New President Dogged by Money Laundering Probe, Low Voter Turnout
- Seven Years after the Earthquake: Haiti in an unprecedented humanitarian, food, and climate crisis
Social, political and economic analysis of the Western Hemisphere.
- Tight Monetary Policy in Brazil is Prolonging Recession
- Our Response to Vanderbilt University’s LAPOP Critique of CEPR Report
- Chile’s Municipal Election Results Indicate Historic Levels of Discontent
CEPR's analysis of government economic data releases (CPI, Jobs, GDP, etc.).
March 15, 2017 (Prices Byte)
March 10, 2017 (Jobs Byte)
February 23, 2017 (Latin America Data Byte)
February 15, 2017 (Prices Byte)
Compare home ownership vs. rental costs and convert federal budget numbers into per capita or percentage totals.