Dean Baker and Jeff Hauser
The Hill, April 25, 2017
Truthout, April 24, 2017
The New York Times, April 20, 2017
The Sacramento Bee, April 7, 2017
The French Economy, European Authorities, and the IMF: “Structural Reform” or Increasing Employment?
April 2017, Mark Weisbrot, Lara Merling, Alexander Main, and David Rosnick
March 27, 2017, Dean Baker
April 2017, Mark Weisbrot, Jake Johnston, Julia Villarruel Carrillo, and Vitor Mello
March 2017, Mark Weisbrot, Lara Merling, Vitor Mello, Stephan Lefebvre, and Joseph Sammut
BBC News, April 28, 2017
Bloomberg, April 26, 2017
The Big Picture, April 25, 2017
Los Angeles Times, April 25, 2017
International Business Times, April 24, 2017
Blog postings by CEPR staff and updates on the latest briefings and activities at the Center for Economic and Policy Research.
- More on the Washington Post’s Misleading Takes on Disability Insurance and Employment
- Tax Break on Pass-Through Income Benefits Wealthiest 3 Percent of Business Owners and Partners
- ACA Gives Older Workers Freedom to Retire
- Unemployment Falls to 4.5 Percent In Spite of Weak Job Growth
Beat the Press is Dean Baker's commentary on economic reporting. Dean Baker is co-director of the Center for Economic and Policy Research (CEPR).
- Washington Post Has Trouble Getting Good Help: Failed Headline on Trump ACA Repeal Plan
- Front Page WaPo Story Says Trump Designs Tax Cut to Enrich Family and Friends
- Contrary to What You Read in the WaPo, Weather Actually Sped Growth in First Quarter
Mark Weisbrot’s blog on economic and political trends in a multi-polar world.
- Obama Joins the Struggle for Economic and Social Justice in France — on the Wrong Side
- A Presidential Candidate Proposes a Tax Change That Would Give Him Millions of Dollars – Should That Be Part of the News?
- Ecuadorian Economy Growing, But Media Presenting It as Still in Recession
- Bob Dylan Didn’t Like the Masters of War
CEPR’s Blue Collar Jobs Tracker lets you take a closer look at the path of job growth in four major blue-collar industries: manufacturing, mining, construction, and logging.
Relief and Reconstruction Watch is a blog that tracks multinational aid efforts in Haiti with an eye towards ensuring they are oriented towards the needs of the Haitian people.
- UNSC Votes to Gradually End Haiti Mission – and Start a New One
- New Report: Sexual Exploitation and Abuse at the Hands of the UN in Haiti
- Haiti Inaugurates a New President Dogged by Money Laundering Probe, Low Voter Turnout
Social, political and economic analysis of the Western Hemisphere.
- Ecuador’s Election: US-Backed NGO Claims “Technical Tie” But Contradicts Its Own Data
- Holding Companies Linked to Ecuadorian Presidential Candidate Own 144 Florida Properties Valued at More Than $30 Million
- Ecuadorian Candidate Guillermo Lasso: Financial Assets and Political Liabilities
CEPR's analysis of government economic data releases (CPI, Jobs, GDP, etc.).
April 28, 2017 (GDP Byte)
April 14, 2017 (Prices Byte)
April 7, 2017 (Jobs Byte)
March 15, 2017 (Prices Byte)
Graphic representations of data by CEPR researchers on important economic issues.
April 28, 2017
April 7, 2017
April 7, 2017
Compare home ownership vs. rental costs and convert federal budget numbers into per capita or percentage totals.