Truthout, May 23, 2016
The Guardian, May 18, 2016
Truthout, May 16, 2016
The Nation, May 10, 2016
May 2016, Eileen Appelbaum and Rosemary Batt
May 2016, Josh Bivens and Dean Baker
April 2016, David Rosnick and Dean Baker
April 2016, Mark Weisbrot and Jake Johnston
The Nation, May 23, 2016
Boston Globe, May 21, 2016
The Nation, May 19, 2016
Los Angeles Times, May 18, 2016
The Week, May 17, 2016
Blog postings by CEPR staff and updates on the latest briefings and activities at the Center for Economic and Policy Research.
- Maximum Potential Employment and the Jobs Gap
- FedWatch Bonus Edition: William Dudley on Financial Regulation
- The Impact of the Trans-Pacific Partnership on Trade Flows
- FedWatch: William Dudley, President of the Federal Reserve Bank of New York and Vice- Chairman of the Federal Open Market Committee
Beat the Press is Dean Baker's commentary on economic reporting. Dean Baker is co-director of the Center for Economic and Policy Research (CEPR).
- The Trump Supporters in Econ Departments and Central Banks Everywhere
- If the TPP Makes Vietnam and Malaysia Pay Much More for Prescription Drugs, Will It Really Boost an Alliance Against China?
- Paul Krugman and the Bubbles
Mark Weisbrot’s blog on economic and political trends in a multi-polar world.
- Political Judiciary in Argentina
- Gloom and Doom and Potential Growth: Roubini and the Global Economy
- “When I was a young boy growing up in Brooklyn …”
Putting an end to blank checks for CEOs. These people deserve the public's scrutiny however accomplished they may be in other areas. Director Watch is an effort to provide this scrutiny.
- Kenneth I. Chenault: Director Watch Director of the Day
- Gordon M. Bethune: Director Watch Director of the Day
- Lois D. Juliber: Director Watch Director of the Day
Relief and Reconstruction Watch is a blog that tracks multinational aid efforts in Haiti with an eye towards ensuring they are oriented towards the needs of the Haitian people.
- Haiti President Calls for Electoral Verification Mission Opposed by International Donors
- Haitian Prime Minister Rejected by Parliament, Why and What Comes Next?
- Guy Philippe Threatens "Civil War" as Haiti Struggles with Political Impasse
Social, political and economic analysis of the Western Hemisphere.
- MACCIH Makes its First Appearance (But Has Yet to Begin Functioning)
- Brazil, Public Opinion, Coups, Elections and VP Michel Temer
- Could US Trade Threaten Sustainable Agriculture in Cuba?
CEPR's analysis of government economic data releases (CPI, Jobs, GDP, etc.).
May 6, 2016 (Jobs Byte)
April 28, 2016 (GDP Byte)
April 1, 2016 (Jobs Byte)
March 4, 2016 (Jobs Byte)
Compare home ownership vs. rental costs and convert federal budget numbers into per capita or percentage totals.