Truthout, December 5, 2016
The Hill, December 2, 2016
NACLA Report on the Americas, Volume 48, Issue 4, December 2, 2016
CNN, November 30, 2016
The International Trade Commission’s Assessment of the Trans-Pacific Partnership: Main Findings and Implications
November 2016, Dean Baker
November 2016, Lara Merling and Dean Baker
November 2016, Dean Baker
November 2016, Cherrie Bucknor
Politico, December 06, 2016
The Hill, December 04, 2016
The Diane Rehm Show, December 01, 2016
BBC News, December 01, 2016
The New York Times, November 30, 2016
Blog postings by CEPR staff and updates on the latest briefings and activities at the Center for Economic and Policy Research.
- Obamacare and Part-Time Work, Part 2: Involuntary Part-Time Employment
- Obama and Senate Can Act Against Trump's Conflicts of Interest
- Obamacare and Part-Time Work, Part 1: Voluntary Part-Time Employment
- Labor Market Policy Research Report, December 2, 2016
Beat the Press is Dean Baker's commentary on economic reporting. Dean Baker is co-director of the Center for Economic and Policy Research (CEPR).
- Patent Monopolies: The Root of the Problem of One-Size Fits All Health Care Insurance
- Is a Higher Minimum Wage the Key to More Rapid Productivity Growth?
- How to Gain Support for Trade: Stop Rigging It to Redistribute Upward
Mark Weisbrot’s blog on economic and political trends in a multi-polar world.
- Bob Dylan Didn’t Like the Masters of War
- Which Presidential Candidate is Worse for Latin America?
- Brazilian Prosecutor Finds No Crime Committed by Dilma: Will the Law Count for Anything in Brazil?
- Impeachment Effort May Fail in Brazilian Senate
Putting an end to blank checks for CEOs. These people deserve the public's scrutiny however accomplished they may be in other areas. Director Watch is an effort to provide this scrutiny.
- Kenneth I. Chenault: Director Watch Director of the Day
- Gordon M. Bethune: Director Watch Director of the Day
- Lois D. Juliber: Director Watch Director of the Day
Relief and Reconstruction Watch is a blog that tracks multinational aid efforts in Haiti with an eye towards ensuring they are oriented towards the needs of the Haitian people.
- Breakdown of Preliminary Election Results in Haiti
- Haiti Election Primer, Part 5: The International Community
- Haiti Election Primer, Part 4: Hurricane Matthew
Social, political and economic analysis of the Western Hemisphere.
- Chile’s Municipal Election Results Indicate Historic Levels of Discontent
- Show Me the Data: On the Ground with USAID in Honduras
- Honduras’ Special Commission on Police Reform: Genuine Cleanup Effort or Yet another PR Scheme?
CEPR's analysis of government economic data releases (CPI, Jobs, GDP, etc.).
December 2, 2016 (Jobs Byte)
November 2016 (Prices Byte)
November 4, 2016 (Jobs Byte)
October 28, 2016 (GDP Byte)
Compare home ownership vs. rental costs and convert federal budget numbers into per capita or percentage totals.