The Huffington Post, February 22, 2017
Truthout, February 20, 2017
The Hill, February 16, 2017
Jacobin, February 13, 2017
February 2017, Alan Barber and Cherrie Bucknor
February 2017, Mark Weisbrot, Jake Johnston, and Lara Merling
January 2017, Dean Baker
Response to Vanderbilt University’s LAPOP Critique of CEPR Report, “Have US-Funded CARSI Programs Reduced Crime and Violence in Central America?”
January 2017, David Rosnick
Fortune, February 13, 2017
The Heat (CGTN America), February 08, 2017
The Intercept, February 06, 2017
The New York Times, February 05, 2017
The Huffington Post, February 03, 2017
Blog postings by CEPR staff and updates on the latest briefings and activities at the Center for Economic and Policy Research.
- The Decline of Blue-Collar Jobs, In Graphs
- A Late Valentine for Millionaires? Those Making $1,000,000 a Year Stop Paying Into Social Security on February 16th
- Declining Rate of Unemployment Insurance: Many Workers are Unemployed Too Long to Receive Help
- Are Most Working-Class Americans “Public Charges”?
Mark Weisbrot’s blog on economic and political trends in a multi-polar world.
- Ecuadorian Economy Growing, But Media Presenting It as Still in Recession
- Bob Dylan Didn’t Like the Masters of War
- Which Presidential Candidate is Worse for Latin America?
- Brazilian Prosecutor Finds No Crime Committed by Dilma: Will the Law Count for Anything in Brazil?
Putting an end to blank checks for CEOs. These people deserve the public's scrutiny however accomplished they may be in other areas. Director Watch is an effort to provide this scrutiny.
- Kenneth I. Chenault: Director Watch Director of the Day
- Gordon M. Bethune: Director Watch Director of the Day
- Lois D. Juliber: Director Watch Director of the Day
Relief and Reconstruction Watch is a blog that tracks multinational aid efforts in Haiti with an eye towards ensuring they are oriented towards the needs of the Haitian people.
- Haiti Inaugurates a New President Dogged by Money Laundering Probe, Low Voter Turnout
- Seven Years after the Earthquake: Haiti in an unprecedented humanitarian, food, and climate crisis
- Senator-Elect and Former Paramilitary Leader Guy Philippe Arrested on Drug Charges
Social, political and economic analysis of the Western Hemisphere.
- Tight Monetary Policy in Brazil is Prolonging Recession
- Our Response to Vanderbilt University’s LAPOP Critique of CEPR Report
- Chile’s Municipal Election Results Indicate Historic Levels of Discontent
CEPR's analysis of government economic data releases (CPI, Jobs, GDP, etc.).
February 23, 2017 (Latin America Data Byte)
February 15, 2017 (Prices Byte)
February 3, 2017 (Jobs Byte)
January 27, 2017 (GDP Byte)
Graphic representations of data by CEPR researchers on important economic issues.
February 6, 2017
February 3, 2017
February 3, 2017
Compare home ownership vs. rental costs and convert federal budget numbers into per capita or percentage totals.