Truthout, July 24, 2017
HuffPost, July 21, 2017
The Sacramento Bee, July 20, 2017
World Politics Review, July 18, 2017
July 2017, Dean Baker, Arjun Jayadev and Joseph Stiglitz
July 2017, Lara Merling, Kevin Cashman, Jake Johnston, and Mark Weisbrot
July 2017, Eileen Appelbaum and Rosemary Batt
July 7, 2017, Dean Baker
Boston Review, July 24, 2017
CNBC, July 19, 2017
The New York Times, July 18, 2017
Vox, July 18, 2017
The New York Times, July 15, 2017
Blog postings by CEPR staff and updates on the latest briefings and activities at the Center for Economic and Policy Research.
- Will Lower Taxes Get Us Higher Growth? The Labor Market Doesn’t Seem to Think So
- Long-term Projections of Social Security’s and Medicare’s Financing are Not as Scary as They Seem
- Is Amazon’s Stock Price Justified? What It Means If It Is
- The Business Cycle and the Restaurant Cycle
Beat the Press is Dean Baker's commentary on economic reporting. Dean Baker is co-director of the Center for Economic and Policy Research (CEPR).
- Donald Trump Is Confused: Ohio Has Been Losing Manufacturing Jobs Since He Took Office
- The Productivity of Waiting in Line
- Low Inflation: Should We Worry?
Mark Weisbrot’s blog on economic and political trends in a multi-polar world.
- Venezuela Needs Honest Mediation, Not OAS Intervention
- A Prime Minister Appeals to His Colleagues in the OAS; It’s “Off-Message” for the Media
- Curb Your Enthusiasm: Macron is Just the Beginning of a New Fight for France and Europe
- Venezuela and Selective Targeting
CEPR’s Blue Collar Jobs Tracker lets you take a closer look at the path of job growth in four major blue-collar industries: manufacturing, mining, construction, and logging.
Relief and Reconstruction Watch is a blog that tracks multinational aid efforts in Haiti with an eye towards ensuring they are oriented towards the needs of the Haitian people.
- The UN’s Legacy in Haiti: Stability, but for Whom?
- Did Trump Take a Page Out of Haiti’s Presidential Playbook?
- UNSC Votes to Gradually End Haiti Mission – and Start a New One
Social, political and economic analysis of the Western Hemisphere.
- No, Ecuador Is Not Heading into Its Second Year of Recession
- Miami Conference Signals Further Militarization of US Policy in Central America
- Ecuador’s Election: US-Backed NGO Claims “Technical Tie” But Contradicts Its Own Data
CEPR's analysis of government economic data releases (CPI, Jobs, GDP, etc.).
July 14, 2017 (Prices Byte)
July 7, 2017 (Jobs Byte)
June 14, 2017 (Prices Byte)
June 2, 2017 (Jobs Byte)
Graphic representations of data by CEPR researchers on important economic issues.
July 19, 2017
July 14, 2017
July 7, 2017
Compare home ownership vs. rental costs and convert federal budget numbers into per capita or percentage totals.