Institute for New Economic Thinking, January 17, 2017
Truthout, January 16, 2017
Jacobin, January 13, 2017
The Huffington Post, January 12, 2017
November 2016, Alexander Main
December 2016, Alexander Main, Jasmine Huggins, Jake Johnston, Charissa Zehr, Jessica Hsu, and Alan Yarborough
December 2016, Mark Weisbrot, Jake Johnston, and Julia Villarruel Carrillo
The International Trade Commission’s Assessment of the Trans-Pacific Partnership: Main Findings and Implications
November 2016, Dean Baker
The Intercept, January 17, 2017
The Big Picture, January 13, 2017
BRINK Asia, January 10, 2017
TIME Magazine, January 09, 2017
BBC News, January 05, 2017
Blog postings by CEPR staff and updates on the latest briefings and activities at the Center for Economic and Policy Research.
- Employment Rate and Unemployment Rate Steady as Job Growth Slows
- Broadband in the US is Slower, More Expensive Than In Most OECD Countries
- Does an Aging Population Really Decrease Labor Productivity?
- Trump Goes Bigly for CEPR
Beat the Press is Dean Baker's commentary on economic reporting. Dean Baker is co-director of the Center for Economic and Policy Research (CEPR).
- NYT Says Davos Elite Are Concerned Because Public Doesn't Buy Their Lies Anymore
- Donald Trump Promises that Drill Everywhere Energy Plan Will Increase Wages by 0.04 Percent Over Next Seven Years!
- People are Choosing to Work Part-Time, Why Is that So Hard for Economic Reporters to Understand?
Mark Weisbrot’s blog on economic and political trends in a multi-polar world.
- Bob Dylan Didn’t Like the Masters of War
- Which Presidential Candidate is Worse for Latin America?
- Brazilian Prosecutor Finds No Crime Committed by Dilma: Will the Law Count for Anything in Brazil?
- Impeachment Effort May Fail in Brazilian Senate
Putting an end to blank checks for CEOs. These people deserve the public's scrutiny however accomplished they may be in other areas. Director Watch is an effort to provide this scrutiny.
- Kenneth I. Chenault: Director Watch Director of the Day
- Gordon M. Bethune: Director Watch Director of the Day
- Lois D. Juliber: Director Watch Director of the Day
Relief and Reconstruction Watch is a blog that tracks multinational aid efforts in Haiti with an eye towards ensuring they are oriented towards the needs of the Haitian people.
- Seven Years after the Earthquake: Haiti in an unprecedented humanitarian, food, and climate crisis
- Senator-Elect and Former Paramilitary Leader Guy Philippe Arrested on Drug Charges
- Breakdown of Preliminary Election Results in Haiti
Social, political and economic analysis of the Western Hemisphere.
- Chile’s Municipal Election Results Indicate Historic Levels of Discontent
- Show Me the Data: On the Ground with USAID in Honduras
- Honduras’ Special Commission on Police Reform: Genuine Cleanup Effort or Yet another PR Scheme?
CEPR's analysis of government economic data releases (CPI, Jobs, GDP, etc.).
January 2017 (Prices Byte)
January 6, 2016 (Jobs Byte)
December 2, 2016 (Jobs Byte)
November 2016 (Prices Byte)
Compare home ownership vs. rental costs and convert federal budget numbers into per capita or percentage totals.