The Hill, July 26, 2016
Truthout, July 25, 2016
The Los Angeles Times, July 25, 2016
The Huffington Post, July 22, 2016
July 2016, Dean Baker
Dean Baker’s Comments on the Reintroduction of Representative Peter DeFazio’s Financial Transactions Tax Bill
July 2016, Dean Baker
June 2016, Eileen Appelbaum and Rosemary Batt
The Price We Pay: Economic Costs of Barriers to Employment for Former Prisoners and People Convicted of Felonies
June 2016, Cherrie Bucknor and Alan Barber
The Week, July 29, 2016
The Big Picture, July 28, 2016
Politico, July 28, 2016
The Hill, July 28, 2016
The Stream (Al Jazeera English), July 27, 2016
Blog postings by CEPR staff and updates on the latest briefings and activities at the Center for Economic and Policy Research.
- GDP Weaker Due to Inventories
- FTTs and Inefficiency in the Financial Sector
- Wisconsin vs. Minnesota: What the Data Show
- The Incredible Story of Developing Country Income Growth: Was it Just China?
Beat the Press is Dean Baker's commentary on economic reporting. Dean Baker is co-director of the Center for Economic and Policy Research (CEPR).
- Quick Note On Seattle Minimum Wage Study
- NYT Does Impassioned Pitch for TPP in Its News Section
- Greg Mankiw Argues that Protectionism Is Likely to Become Increasingly Dominant As More People Take His Economics Classes
Mark Weisbrot’s blog on economic and political trends in a multi-polar world.
- Brazilian Prosecutor Finds No Crime Committed by Dilma: Will the Law Count for Anything in Brazil?
- Impeachment Effort May Fail in Brazilian Senate
- Democratic Delegates Should Help Save Obama’s Legacy by Blocking the TPP
- David Brooks’ “Coming Political Realignment”: How Could it Happen?
Putting an end to blank checks for CEOs. These people deserve the public's scrutiny however accomplished they may be in other areas. Director Watch is an effort to provide this scrutiny.
- Kenneth I. Chenault: Director Watch Director of the Day
- Gordon M. Bethune: Director Watch Director of the Day
- Lois D. Juliber: Director Watch Director of the Day
Relief and Reconstruction Watch is a blog that tracks multinational aid efforts in Haiti with an eye towards ensuring they are oriented towards the needs of the Haitian people.
- US Withdraws Funding for Haiti Elections
- Martelly Bloc Formalizes Alliance with DEA Fugitive Guy Philippe
- The US Spent $33 Million on Haiti’s Scrapped Elections — Here is Where it Went
Social, political and economic analysis of the Western Hemisphere.
- Honduras’ Special Commission on Police Reform: Genuine Cleanup Effort or Yet another PR Scheme?
- Hillary Clinton’s Memoir Deletions, in Detail
- MACCIH Makes its First Appearance (But Has Yet to Begin Functioning)
CEPR's analysis of government economic data releases (CPI, Jobs, GDP, etc.).
July 29, 2016 (GDP Byte)
July 15, 2016 (Prices Byte)
July 8, 2016 (Jobs Byte)
June 3, 2016 (Jobs Byte)
Graphic representations of data by CEPR researchers on important economic issues.
July 29, 2016
July 12, 2016
July 8, 2016
Compare home ownership vs. rental costs and convert federal budget numbers into per capita or percentage totals.