HuffPost, July 21, 2017
The Sacramento Bee, July 20, 2017
The Hill, July 19, 2017
World Politics Review, July 18, 2017
July 2017, Lara Merling, Kevin Cashman, Jake Johnston, and Mark Weisbrot
July 2017, Eileen Appelbaum and Rosemary Batt
July 7, 2017, Dean Baker
July 2017, Dean Baker, Sarah Rawlins and David Stein
CNBC, July 19, 2017
The New York Times, July 18, 2017
Vox, July 18, 2017
The New York Times, July 15, 2017
Power Lunch (CNBC), July 14, 2017
Blog postings by CEPR staff and updates on the latest briefings and activities at the Center for Economic and Policy Research.
- Long-term Projections of Social Security’s and Medicare’s Financing are Not as Scary as They Seem
- Is Amazon’s Stock Price Justified? What It Means If It Is
- The Business Cycle and the Restaurant Cycle
- The Fed Can Reduce Racial Disparities in Labor Markets
Beat the Press is Dean Baker's commentary on economic reporting. Dean Baker is co-director of the Center for Economic and Policy Research (CEPR).
- The Washington Post's War on Disability Programs Continues
- WaPo Columnist Thomas Heath Would Have Recommended Buying Into Nasdaq at 4,000 in 2000
- The Which Way Is Up Problem In Economics: Arthur Brooks Is Worried About Running Out of People
Mark Weisbrot’s blog on economic and political trends in a multi-polar world.
- Venezuela Needs Honest Mediation, Not OAS Intervention
- A Prime Minister Appeals to His Colleagues in the OAS; It’s “Off-Message” for the Media
- Curb Your Enthusiasm: Macron is Just the Beginning of a New Fight for France and Europe
- Venezuela and Selective Targeting
CEPR’s Blue Collar Jobs Tracker lets you take a closer look at the path of job growth in four major blue-collar industries: manufacturing, mining, construction, and logging.
Relief and Reconstruction Watch is a blog that tracks multinational aid efforts in Haiti with an eye towards ensuring they are oriented towards the needs of the Haitian people.
- The UN’s Legacy in Haiti: Stability, but for Whom?
- Did Trump Take a Page Out of Haiti’s Presidential Playbook?
- UNSC Votes to Gradually End Haiti Mission – and Start a New One
Social, political and economic analysis of the Western Hemisphere.
- Miami Conference Signals Further Militarization of US Policy in Central America
- Ecuador’s Election: US-Backed NGO Claims “Technical Tie” But Contradicts Its Own Data
- Holding Companies Linked to Ecuadorian Presidential Candidate Own 144 Florida Properties Valued at More Than $30 Million
CEPR's analysis of government economic data releases (CPI, Jobs, GDP, etc.).
July 14, 2017 (Prices Byte)
July 7, 2017 (Jobs Byte)
June 14, 2017 (Prices Byte)
June 2, 2017 (Jobs Byte)
Graphic representations of data by CEPR researchers on important economic issues.
July 19, 2017
July 14, 2017
July 7, 2017
Compare home ownership vs. rental costs and convert federal budget numbers into per capita or percentage totals.