HuffPost, June 26, 2017
Truthout, June 26, 2017
Disrupt the Disrupters: Uber’s Comeuppance is the Moment for the U.S. to Finally Start Regulating the So-called Sharing Economy
New York Daily News, June 25, 2017
HuffPost, June 9, 2017
The French Economy, European Authorities, and the IMF: “Structural Reform” or Increasing Employment?
April 2017, Mark Weisbrot, Lara Merling, Alexander Main, and David Rosnick
March 27, 2017, Dean Baker
April 2017, Mark Weisbrot, Jake Johnston, Julia Villarruel Carrillo, and Vitor Mello
March 2017, Mark Weisbrot, Lara Merling, Vitor Mello, Stephan Lefebvre, and Joseph Sammut
CGTN America, June 22, 2017
Thomson Reuters Foundation, June 21, 2017
The Nation, June 20, 2017
Huffington Post, June 20, 2017
Boston Globe, June 18, 2017
Blog postings by CEPR staff and updates on the latest briefings and activities at the Center for Economic and Policy Research.
- Prescription Drug Spending is Consuming a Bigger Share of Wages
- Workers’ Purchasing Power Growth Since 2000 Depends Largely on Industry Sector
- Corporate Profits and Investment: Not Moving Together
- Job Growth Slows Sharply in May
Beat the Press is Dean Baker's commentary on economic reporting. Dean Baker is co-director of the Center for Economic and Policy Research (CEPR).
- The Republican Clown Show on Health Care
- Can We Get Some Real Intelligence to Talk About Artificial Intelligence
- The Closing of Retail Stores: Where are the Cheerleaders for Trade?
Mark Weisbrot’s blog on economic and political trends in a multi-polar world.
- Venezuela Needs Honest Mediation, Not OAS Intervention
- A Prime Minister Appeals to His Colleagues in the OAS; It’s “Off-Message” for the Media
- Curb Your Enthusiasm: Macron is Just the Beginning of a New Fight for France and Europe
- Venezuela and Selective Targeting
CEPR’s Blue Collar Jobs Tracker lets you take a closer look at the path of job growth in four major blue-collar industries: manufacturing, mining, construction, and logging.
Relief and Reconstruction Watch is a blog that tracks multinational aid efforts in Haiti with an eye towards ensuring they are oriented towards the needs of the Haitian people.
- Did Trump Take a Page Out of Haiti’s Presidential Playbook?
- UNSC Votes to Gradually End Haiti Mission – and Start a New One
- New Report: Sexual Exploitation and Abuse at the Hands of the UN in Haiti
Social, political and economic analysis of the Western Hemisphere.
- Miami Conference Signals Further Militarization of US Policy in Central America
- Ecuador’s Election: US-Backed NGO Claims “Technical Tie” But Contradicts Its Own Data
- Holding Companies Linked to Ecuadorian Presidential Candidate Own 144 Florida Properties Valued at More Than $30 Million
CEPR's analysis of government economic data releases (CPI, Jobs, GDP, etc.).
June 14, 2017 (Prices Byte)
June 2, 2017 (Jobs Byte)
May 12, 2017 (Prices Byte)
May 5, 2017 (Jobs Byte)
Graphic representations of data by CEPR researchers on important economic issues.
Compare home ownership vs. rental costs and convert federal budget numbers into per capita or percentage totals.