Institute for New Economic Thinking, October 27, 2016
Honduran Opposition Leaders Being Murdered While Washington Pours in Money to Repressive Government and Military
The Hill, October 25, 2016
Truthout, October 24, 2016
Truthout, October 23, 2016
Everyone Wondered How a Private Equity Firm Would Make Money in a Leveraged Buyout of a Struggling Non-Profit Hospital Chain - Now We Know
October 2016, Eileen Appelbaum
September 2016, Nick Buffie
September 2016, David Rosnick, Alexander Main, and Laura Jung
September 2016, Eileen Appelbaum and Ruth Milkman
Think Progress, October 25, 2016
The Stream (Al Jazeera English), October 24, 2016
Thom Hartmann, October 21, 2016
The Nation, October 21, 2016
Politico, October 21, 2016
Blog postings by CEPR staff and updates on the latest briefings and activities at the Center for Economic and Policy Research.
- The Employment Rate Is Increasing for Women in Other Countries, But Dropping for Women in the U.S.
- Labor Market Policy Research Report, October 21
- Are Government Sector Jobs Becoming Less Appealing?
- What Paid Sick Days Mean for Domestic Violence Survivors
Beat the Press is Dean Baker's commentary on economic reporting. Dean Baker is co-director of the Center for Economic and Policy Research (CEPR).
- Bloomberg Does the Halloween Special Social Security Scare Story
- The Affordable Care Act Penalty Is Working and No One Gives a Damn About the Young Invincibles
- The Paradox of the Paradox on Hotels and Airbnb
Mark Weisbrot’s blog on economic and political trends in a multi-polar world.
- Bob Dylan Didn’t Like the Masters of War
- Which Presidential Candidate is Worse for Latin America?
- Brazilian Prosecutor Finds No Crime Committed by Dilma: Will the Law Count for Anything in Brazil?
- Impeachment Effort May Fail in Brazilian Senate
Putting an end to blank checks for CEOs. These people deserve the public's scrutiny however accomplished they may be in other areas. Director Watch is an effort to provide this scrutiny.
- Kenneth I. Chenault: Director Watch Director of the Day
- Gordon M. Bethune: Director Watch Director of the Day
- Lois D. Juliber: Director Watch Director of the Day
Relief and Reconstruction Watch is a blog that tracks multinational aid efforts in Haiti with an eye towards ensuring they are oriented towards the needs of the Haitian people.
- OCHA’s Flash Appeal for Haiti: Reinforcing Failed Aid Modalities
- Elections on Hold in Haiti After Hurricane Matthew
- Clinton E-Mails Point to US Intervention in 2010 Haiti Elections
Social, political and economic analysis of the Western Hemisphere.
- Show Me the Data: On the Ground with USAID in Honduras
- Honduras’ Special Commission on Police Reform: Genuine Cleanup Effort or Yet another PR Scheme?
- Hillary Clinton’s Memoir Deletions, in Detail
CEPR's analysis of government economic data releases (CPI, Jobs, GDP, etc.).
Compare home ownership vs. rental costs and convert federal budget numbers into per capita or percentage totals.