The Hill, August 22, 2017
Truthout, August 21, 2017
The New York Times, August 17, 2017
The Nation, August 9, 2017
July 2017, Dean Baker, Arjun Jayadev and Joseph Stiglitz
July 2017, Lara Merling, Kevin Cashman, Jake Johnston, and Mark Weisbrot
July 2017, Eileen Appelbaum and Rosemary Batt
July 7, 2017, Dean Baker
Moneybox (Slate), August 17, 2017
The Globe and Mail, August 15, 2017
Wired, August 15, 2017
BBC World News, August 07, 2017
Associated Press, August 04, 2017
Blog postings by CEPR staff and updates on the latest briefings and activities at the Center for Economic and Policy Research.
- Both Parties Agree: Medicare Projected Shortfall Improved Under Obama
- State and Local Laws Have Extended Paid Sick Leave Access to Millions
- Strong Job Growth Continues in July
- Black Women in Healthcare Face Declining Real Wages
Beat the Press is Dean Baker's commentary on economic reporting. Dean Baker is co-director of the Center for Economic and Policy Research (CEPR).
- News for Donald Trump and Washington Post: Friends of Coal Companies Are Not Necessarily Friends of Coal Miners
- Using Protectionism to Try to Keep China Down
- An Explanation for Weak Wage Growth That Fails the Simple Logic Test (See Correction)
Mark Weisbrot’s blog on economic and political trends in a multi-polar world.
- Venezuela Needs Honest Mediation, Not OAS Intervention
- A Prime Minister Appeals to His Colleagues in the OAS; It’s “Off-Message” for the Media
- Curb Your Enthusiasm: Macron is Just the Beginning of a New Fight for France and Europe
- Venezuela and Selective Targeting
Relief and Reconstruction Watch is a blog that tracks multinational aid efforts in Haiti with an eye towards ensuring they are oriented towards the needs of the Haitian people.
- The UN’s Legacy in Haiti: Stability, but for Whom?
- Did Trump Take a Page Out of Haiti’s Presidential Playbook?
- UNSC Votes to Gradually End Haiti Mission – and Start a New One
Social, political and economic analysis of the Western Hemisphere.
- Puerto Rico’s Oversight Board: The Grinch who Stole Christmas and Came Back for More
- Mexican Elections and Morena’s Challenge
- No, Ecuador Is Not Heading into Its Second Year of Recession
CEPR's analysis of government economic data releases (CPI, Jobs, GDP, etc.).
August 11, 2017 (Prices Byte)
August 4, 2017 (Jobs Byte)
July 28, 2017 (GDP Byte)
July 14, 2017 (Prices Byte)
Compare home ownership vs. rental costs and convert federal budget numbers into per capita or percentage totals.