The Hill, August 30, 2016
The Nation, August 29, 2016
Truthout, August 29, 2016
The Sacramento Bee, August 26, 2016
August 2016, Cherrie Bucknor
August 2016, Dean Baker
August 2016, Dean Baker
July 2016, Dean Baker
MarketWatch, August 31, 2016
The Atlantic, August 30, 2016
The Conversation, August 26, 2016
The Week, August 22, 2016
The Big Picture, August 18, 2016
Blog postings by CEPR staff and updates on the latest briefings and activities at the Center for Economic and Policy Research.
- Declining Unionization Rates Means Less Say for Workers
- TANF Didn’t Fight Poverty. Full Employment Did.
- Rising Childcare Costs Are Hurting Poor Children
- The ACA Still Hasn’t Crashed the Economy
Beat the Press is Dean Baker's commentary on economic reporting. Dean Baker is co-director of the Center for Economic and Policy Research (CEPR).
- Wall Street Journal Warns that President Obama's Target on Global Warming Could Cost Half as Much as Iraq/Afghan Wars
- St. Louis Bank President Jim Bullard Tells Us Why the Fed Needs to Be Reformed
- Thomas Friedman Didn't Hear Republicans Want to Kill Obamacare
Mark Weisbrot’s blog on economic and political trends in a multi-polar world.
- Which Presidential Candidate is Worse for Latin America?
- Brazilian Prosecutor Finds No Crime Committed by Dilma: Will the Law Count for Anything in Brazil?
- Impeachment Effort May Fail in Brazilian Senate
- Democratic Delegates Should Help Save Obama’s Legacy by Blocking the TPP
Putting an end to blank checks for CEOs. These people deserve the public's scrutiny however accomplished they may be in other areas. Director Watch is an effort to provide this scrutiny.
- Kenneth I. Chenault: Director Watch Director of the Day
- Gordon M. Bethune: Director Watch Director of the Day
- Lois D. Juliber: Director Watch Director of the Day
Relief and Reconstruction Watch is a blog that tracks multinational aid efforts in Haiti with an eye towards ensuring they are oriented towards the needs of the Haitian people.
- US Withdraws Funding for Haiti Elections
- Martelly Bloc Formalizes Alliance with DEA Fugitive Guy Philippe
- The US Spent $33 Million on Haiti’s Scrapped Elections — Here is Where it Went
Social, political and economic analysis of the Western Hemisphere.
- Honduras’ Special Commission on Police Reform: Genuine Cleanup Effort or Yet another PR Scheme?
- Hillary Clinton’s Memoir Deletions, in Detail
- MACCIH Makes its First Appearance (But Has Yet to Begin Functioning)
CEPR's analysis of government economic data releases (CPI, Jobs, GDP, etc.).
August 16, 2016 (Prices Byte)
August 5, 2016 (Jobs Byte)
July 29, 2016 (GDP Byte)
July 15, 2016 (Prices Byte)
Compare home ownership vs. rental costs and convert federal budget numbers into per capita or percentage totals.