We understand that privacy is important and that our site visitors and subscribers care about how their personal data are used and shared online. We respect and value the privacy of everyone who visits our website, and will only collect and use personal data in the ways described here, in a manner consistent with our obligations and with our site visitors’ and email subscribers’ rights under the law.
How does CEPR collect and use your information?
We collect and maintain the information you give us when you sign up online to receive our emails and when you voluntarily provide your information at a sign-up sheet at an event. We also collect the information that is made available to us when you visit our website (such as your IP address).
We use this information to:
- Send our subscribers communications that they request;
- Periodically ask our subscribers for donations to support our ongoing work;
- Invite our subscribers to events;
- Analyze which emails our subscribers open or click on;
- Analyze which web pages and links on our websites our site visitors open or click on.
We do not share this information with third parties.
We may collect and maintain the following information for those visiting the CEPR website: :
- Your IP address;
- Web browser type and version;
- Internet Service Provider (ISP);
- Operating system;
- URLs, including the referring site, your activity on our site, and the site you exit to;
- Which search terms you may have used to find our website;
- Which websites or applications you used that led you to our site;
We maintain the following information if you choose to provide it:
- Your business/organization name;
- Your job title;
- Your profession;
- Your mailing address;
- Contact information such as email addresses and telephone numbers;
- Basic demographic information, including gender, age, and racial/ethnic background, if available;
- Financial information such as credit / debit card numbers;
- Donation information (including amounts and dates).
How long will we maintain your information? We’ll maintain your personal information based on the following criteria:
- For as long as you want us to, in order to send you our communications;
- For as long as we might need in order to better understand the activities and interests of our subscribers, site visitors, and donors as related to our site and communications over time.
You can unsubscribe from being contacted by CEPR at any time, using the unsubscribe link at the bottom of every email we send you.
You also have the right to request that CEPR change or remove your personal information. You can do so by contacting us at [email protected].