Oct 12, 2022
11:15 AM - 12:45 PM (GMT-4)
This event is part of the World Bank/IMF 2022 Annual Meetings and will be livestreamed here.
The IMF is reviewing its quota formula for the first time in 15 years. This extremely consequential review of the “building blocks” of IMF
governance structures needs to meet the challenges of the intersecting crises of our time and requires the voice of underrepresented countries and CSOs to be heard.
Organizer: Christian Aid
Co-sponsors: ActionAid International, Arab Watch Coalition, BOND, BWP, GDP Center, CEPR, Debt Justice, Eurodad, Latindadd, Kvinna till Kvinna Foundation
- Moderator: Jayati Ghosh, University of Massachusetts Amherst (TBC)
- Andrés Arauz, Senior Research Fellow, Center for Economic and Policy Research
- Lara Merling, Boston University Global Development Policy Center
- Abu Bakarr Kamara, Budget Advocacy Network in Sierra Leone (TBC)
- Paulo Nogueira Batista, former IMF Executive Director for Brazil (virtual participation)