Columbia University - Jerome Greene Hall - Room 104
435 West 116th Street, New York, NY 10025
Jan 17, 2013
6:00 PM (GMT-5)
The Workers' Rights Student Coalition at Columbia Law School
The Workers' Rights Student Coalition at Columbia Law School hosted an INET-sponsored evening with top political leadership from SYRIZA, Greece's dominant opposition party and anticipated next government, to discuss the challenges facing Greece and the euro zone and SYRIZA's plans for reform. The evening featured the head of SYRIZA and Leader of the Greek Opposition, Alexis Tsipras, on SYRIZA's plans for national governance, as well as panels on financial reform and macroeconomic recovery with Rena Dourou, MP and Critic of the Opposition for Foreign Relations and European Issues, George Stathakis, Greek MP and Critic of the Opposition for the Economy, and top SYRIZA Economic Advisor Yiannis Milios. A video of the event is available below or after the jump.
Other panelists included:
- Mark Weisbrot, Co-Director, Center for Economic and Policy Research;
- INET grantee Katharina Pistor, Professor of Law, Columbia Law School;
- Mathew Forstater, Professor of Economics, University of Missouri-Kansas City;
- Thomas Ferguson, Director of Research Programs, the Institute for New Economic Thinking;
- Helen Ginsburg, Professor Emerita of Economics, Brooklyn College, City University of New York;
- and Rania Antonopoulos, Senior Scholar, Levy Economics Institute of Bard College.
The event was part of the Modern Money and Public Purpose series, and was co-sponsored by the Levy Economics Institute of Bard College, the Institute for New Economic Thinking, the Center for Global Legal Transformation, the Richman Center for Business, Law and Public Policy, and the Columbia Hellenic Assocation.